Editor, Vietnam Music Data (Contract)
Content- Music | Emeryville, CA | Temporary
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are looking for a Vietnam music expert to provide metadata support for our music entertainment products. This 9-12 month full-time contract position is located in Emeryville and will be joining our Editorial team, part of our Content Operation. Gracenote’s Music Editorial team is made up of music experts with a deep knowledge of specialized music trends and genres.
Please note: A cover letter describing your knowledge of Vietnam music is required for consideration.
- Fluent, native speaker & writer of Vietnamese, proficient in written and spoken English for business communication
- Consistent, voracious consumer of Vietnamese music
- Passionate and knowledgeable about genres and artists within Vietnamese popular and traditional music
- Degree in a humanities discipline (language, film, fine art, journalism)
- Obsessive attention to detail, always on point for quality and accuracy, strong on delivering on time under intense time pressure
- Sometimes able to work alternative hours around critical deliverables for our customers or for supporting our new product offerings
Good to haves
- Have edited for mainstream entertainment publications, and/or worked with entertainment metadata in the past for a label, content creator, streaming service, radio station or other music metadata related organization
- Experience working for international companies and satellite offices
- Follow the editorial strategy and Global Content standard to enhance our music and artist data
- Follow reports and worklists to correct or enhance our entertainment data and add value to our overall data set
- Enforce quality standard in terms of coverage of necessary descriptors
- Provide feedback on Editorial tools improvement and collaborate with the worldwide editorial team to speed up the creation/enhancement of our data
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.