Drive Test Engineer
Software Engineering - Telecom | Richardson, TX | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote (A Nielsen Company) Telecom Service Quality provides engineering and marketing insight to our clients for strategic planning and capital investment. We measure wireless network performance with in depth engineering information of all major wireless service providers in United States. We continue to expand our portfolios to other countries including Mexico and emerging markets. The success of our program is built upon our high quality and efficient data collection system to meet the strong demand of fast changing wireless technologies in the industry.
Gracenote (A Nielsen Company) is seeking a wireless Drive Test Engineer with 3+ years of experience in the wireless industry specialized in drive testing of wireless signaling of carriers networks. This position requires wireless collection equipment setup, field testing, issues identification and resolution, engineering-level assistance to engineering design team and vendors to aid in product enhancement and development.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Follow the data collection process to perform wireless collection system setup in test vehicle for field testing.
- Conduct scenario tests in different wireless environments and technologies.
- Daily standup meeting with engineering team lead for issues identification and corrective action plans.
- Provide detail test log and issue tracker to engineering team to aid in product development.
- Closely work with engineering team (onshore and offshore) for troubleshooting of any issues related to collection equipment.
- Manage the inventory of all test equipment in the test vehicle and the test labs
- Conduct regular preventive test vehicle maintenance to keep the test vehicle in a clean and good working condition.
- Conduct test lab setup in office to ensure no down time of all live testing equipment · 80% of time on the road for field testing, 20% of time in lab testing.
- Several field testing per year in remote markets that need to commute with the test vehicle and hotel stay for remote markets drive testing.
- Excel oral and written communications and drive test skills
- Must have working knowledge to apply testing principles and perform test plans/cases for wireless communication protocol testing
- Working knowledge of computer equipment interconnection through LAN and Ethernet
- Working knowledge of Windows,
- Data entry tools including Excel
- Strong troubleshooting and anomaly root-cause recognition
- Must be able to work independently, as well as part of a team, estimate work schedules, meet deadlines, and handle multiple priorities
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and have strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly
Preferred, but not required:
- Working knowledge of wireless communication technology including but not limited to LTE, UMTS, CDMA, HSPA
- Nielsen wireless protocol field test experience and/or knowledge
- Knowledge of Accuver’s XCAL-MO collection tools
- Knowledge of Excel scripting, querying databases
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.