Director, Sales Media
Sales | Hollywood, CA | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Senior Sales Executive to play a critical role in developing and managing a book of business in the Los Angeles area to focus on the entertainment/media industry. This contributor will be responsible for growing existing business and proactively finding new relationships within the Studio, Production, Representation and Digital Media companies. This role will be based in our Los Angeles office.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Proactively prospect, qualify, grow, and maintain a regional territory account list that includes primarily television and film focused companies and agencies in the Los Angeles area
- Ensure that our clients receive the highest level of sales and operational customer service
- Execute and deliver high quality responses to all RFPs
- Coordination with other Gracenote directors, managers and client services teams to maximize revenue potential with optimal efficiency
- Manage highly consultative sales of Gracenote products and services across client organizations by selling into all relevant divisions of the customer enterprise by bringing key stakeholders together, gaining consensus and driving to closure
- Manage activity using Salesforce.com
- Negotiate pricing and contractual agreements within company guidelines
- Create effective sales proposals that meet client needs
- Prospect and develop key senior level network, studio, agency and digital media relationships in order to effectively build and maintain territory revenue vs. budget
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- At least five (5) years of sales / business development experience in the entertainment/media industry
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong contacts and relationships with leading studios, agencies and digital media clients in the Los Angeles metropolitan area
- Deep understanding of the entertainment marketplace with a focus on television and film platforms
- Ability to develop and manage a consistent sales pipeline, and a proven track record of exceeding goals
- Must be creative, smart, and passionate, as well as a problem solver and a team player
- Entrepreneurial spirit driven to achieve sales goals while maintaining professional courtesy with fellow Gracenote employees
- Willingness to travel when needed
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.