Director, Product Management
Product - Video | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
Gracenote, a division of Nielsen, is the top provider of entertainment information, creating industry-leading databases of TV, movie, and music metadata for entertainment guides, applications and in car entertainment. Our technology serves billions of requests daily to hundreds of millions of devices around the world. Our customers include innovators like Amazon, Twitter, Google, DIRECTV, Vodafone, Samsung, and other top consumer electronics and cable companies throughout the world. Simply put, data provides you with an opportunity to impact the evolution of the entire entertainment industry.
We are presently looking for a Director of Product Management:
Do you like to explore data? Do you like entertainment? Would you like to help us build the next generation of video discovery?
We are building a team of entertainment information experts and data analysts who will support our video products and services. Your contributions to our team will help us increase build our next generation of video discovery products in what is the most exciting era in video ever. Help someone in Germany discover they love Korean Soap Operas, or a student in Mumbai binge watch Walter White instead of studying.
Our team seeks someone passionate about data and video to join us as a Product Manager. Product Managers help to drive the business and technical strategy for our product lines. You’ll work closely with the Sales, Content, and Engineering teams to help shape our data products. The role will focus on customer APIs, cloud services, and data delivery for our Video Products – understanding the use-cases and specifications that are shaping this market in 2018.
- Create and manage data products that enable our Pay TV operators and smart device manufacturer clients be successful in a rapidly evolving market. Work with devices that range from voice interfaces to STBs
- Work closely with clients to understand their use cases and find new opportunities to drive product growth. Meld their business problems with an understanding of the market to define a clear product vision for your data product that aligns with the overall business and product strategy.
- As the product owner, partner with internal engineering teams and internal stakeholders to prioritize and deliver your compelling roadmap that fulfills the product vision.
- Become the Subject Matter Expert on the video metadata available and internal delivery pipelines to ensure you can deliver the best data product for your clients.
- Look at the Global Market and prioritize based on opportunity and the changes in the dynamic video marketplace
- 5+ years of Product Management experience.
- Market analysis and financial analytical background to help develop market segmentation and pricing strategies
- Strong passion for TV/Movie content and how to use this to help our clients surprise and delight their subscribers
- Curiosity for data and APIs. A passion for rolling up your sleeves and digging into the details of data.
- Comfortable working with data technologies, XML, JSON and REST APIs
- Familiarity with SQL for various databases including: Sybase, Postgres, MySql
- Experience with at least one programming language
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum work environment as a Technical Product Manager: writing user stories, and following the development process through user story acceptance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- REST/SOAP API development experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. Computer Science/Engineering major is preferable
- Experience in OTT, TV broadcast, or supporting customers who develop products for digital content consumption.
- Development experience with Gracenote, TMS, ROVI, or other structured entertainment databases a plus.
- Fluency/familiarity with languages other than English
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a similar field
- Knowledge about the global video market
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.