Director of Sports Sales North America (WEST)
Sales | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
The Director of Sports sales North America (WEST) will drive revenue for Gracenote full suite of sports products with MVPDs, major digital companies, CE manufacturers, broadcasters and digital publishers.
The position reports into the Global Director Sports Specialization and will work closely with heads of product, technology and content.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for sports revenue in North America (west coast). Your particular focus will be the leading digital, MVPD and US based auto manufacturers.
- You will be expected to identify opportunities with often large complex organizations. This will be possible only with a deep understanding of the client’s business model and their day to day challenges as well as the Gracenote sports.
- Develop and manage the North American sales budget, renewals process, pipeline building, closing deals,
- Work with internal stakeholders to drive product development and improvement.
For this role we are looking for individuals that have:
- Proven track record of generating millions of dollars of sales revenue within the media services and sports industry.
- The candidate will possess the gravitas to lead discussions with senior clients as well as the ability to negotiate complex data deals. As in any large organization teamwork is critical and this role will require an ability to work extremely collaboratively with sports colleagues as well as cross functional colleagues in legal, finance, and customer success.
- Proficiency in use of salesforce.com is a plus
- The ability to travel regularly as required
Gracenote is a Nielsen company and whilst we love data and in particular sports data, the key to our success is the team spirit and drive within the individuals at the company. If you are interested in being at the nexus of sports technology and entertainment please contact us today.
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.