Director, Major Accounts
Sales | New York, NY | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
When you join the Gracenote team, you’re signing up for an experience that requires flexibility, curiosity, and passion. As a Director, Major Accounts you will develop and maintain effective highly strategic relationships with key Gracenote accounts. In addition you will liaise with and sell into technology companies, and other related ecosystem partners that may license Gracenote products and services. You will maintain and grow both a current and a new base of revenue from assigned territory.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Work with our clients as a consultant, a problem solver, the voice of Gracenote.
- You will establish both market and target client strategies for your territory.
- Negotiate contract extensions with current clients and proactively protect against cancellations.
- Communicate effectively internally with other internal teams.
- Maintain an effective working knowledge of industry trends in relevant markets and industries. Work with product management and clients to develop new ideas for products or services.
- Generate executive level reports based on data produced from Salesforce.
- Assist in the development of the annual sales plan, specifically advising on realistic forecasts for each product and territory.
- Travel 25-50% of the time.
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- Proven track record of sales achievement and/or extensive experience in the MVPD, digital media, technology, data or television industries
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Outstanding consultative / value-selling sales skills
- High energy, enthusiasm, positivity, initiative and character
- Proficiency with salesforce.com a plus.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, MBA a plus
- 8+ years sales experience in related industries including: Media, Entertainment, MVPD’s, Metadata, Analytics.
- Strong analytical aptitude
Our passion for music, TV and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Tokyo and Queensbury to Copenhagen, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Nielsen, an S&P 500 company (NYSE: NLSN), has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90% of the world's population. Nielsen prides itself on being a place where employees can be themselves, make a difference, and grow their careers with the company. It has been named one of the “Top 50 Companies for Diversity” by DiversityInc for three years running and was selected as one of the “Top 35 Companies for Leaders who want Flexibility” by FlexJobs. For more information visit www.nielsen.com.
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.