Software Engineering - Applied Research | Jung-gu, Seoul, Korea | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
The Gracenote service is a unique, high performance, massively scalable media recognition system tailored to the exploration of music, video and sports. We process billions of queries each day from millions of users across the globe, with an average response time in milliseconds. The service is the technology behind many of the most exciting desktop, mobile, automotive, and consumer electronic products and apps in the marketplace today.
Support and development of various tools for cloud and DevOps based deployment and operation / Large scale log processing (hundreds of thousands of transactions per second) and analytics
- Design and implement a cost efficient autoscaling algorithm in the cloud environment
- Efficiently process a large amount of logs (hundreds of thousands per second) and pipe to various analytics modules
- Implement a flexible log analytics system which can visualize various aspects of the queries
- Implement various DevOps related tools and APIs to support other development teams
- Educate and support the use of various DevOps tools (Chef, Docker, etc.) to other development teams
- Implement new features of asset management APIs to store multimedia fingerprint and metadata
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent in Computer Science
- Experience in Unix/Linux based development environment
- Knowledge in network and multithread programming
- Knowledge in data structure and algorithms
- A passion for problem solving
- Experience with mission critical services
- Experience with NoSQL databases (implementation or application to production services)
- Experience with asynchronous IO (Boost, libevent, IOCP, etc.) and high throughput server implementation
- Experience with large scale distributed systems (implementation, analysis, and troubleshooting)
- Experience with log and metric collection and analytics systems
- Experience with map-reduce based systems (Hadoop etc.)
- Experience with cloud environment and tools (Amazon AWS and its tools)
- Experience with DevOps tools (Chef, Docker, etc.)
- Ability to fast prototype API servers for web applications
- Ability to develop mobile apps (iPhone and Android
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.