Software Engineering - Telecom | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Data Scientist for Gracenote Telecom who will be responsible for supporting custom analysis using data from existing Telecom products and assisting in the development of novel client solutions in the form of new products or combining data across Gracenote platforms.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Data Science product support within assigned product role (includes new feature development, QC methodology, client inquiry response)
- Work across different products to help develop integrated Gracenote Telecom vertical solutions
- Work with the product leadership team to ensure compatibility of developing solutions with existing product portfolio
- Coordinate with Operations team to transition completed solutions to production
- Assist cross-functional teams in design, implementation, and testing of integrated product solutions
- Provide research support for the identification and implementation of methods and best practices to improve product quality
- Work across products when advanced/custom analysis is required for specific business opportunities
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- Experience or thorough training in Python
- Ability to manipulate, analyze, and interpret results of analysis on large data sources
- B.S. or Master’s degree in Statistics, Social Science, Operation Research, or other hard sciences (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, Biology, Physics etc.) with outstanding analytical expertise
- Experience in trend analyses, multivariate statistics, bias reduction, data aggregation techniques, automation
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Spotfire, Microstrategy)
- One to three years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of SQL and large-scale databases
- Domain expert in at least one area: Demography, Sampling, Statistics Modeling, Research Practices, Audience Measurement, Data Integration and/or Digital Measurement
- Experience in big data technologies and AI / machine learning
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in SAS, SPSS, R, Stata, Matlab, or other statistical packages
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.