Data Ingest Analyst: Mon-Fri, 12Noon to 10pm
Content - Video | Sao Paulo, Brazil | Full Time
Data provides you with an opportunity to impact the evolution of the entire entertainment industry!
Gracenote, a Nielsen Company, is an information and technology provider powering the world’s top services and companies with leading databases of TV, movie, music and sports metadata. Our customers include innovators like Apple, Google, Spotify, M-GO and Hulu, top consumer electronics and cable companies such as LG, Comcast and DirecTV, as well as leading automotive manufacturers such as Ford and Toyota all over the world. Over the past 2 years, the company has grown to more than 1800 employees in 20 countries that share a true passion for data. Every day, Gracenote’s technology serves billions of requests to hundreds of millions of devices around the world. Simply put, we help people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love.
We are presently looking for a Data Ingest Analyst to be based in our São Paulo office.
- Manage relationships with sources and content partners related to data ingestion.
- Onboard new sources and content partners to the data ingest process.
- Investigate difficulties with data ingestion and find applicable solutions.
- Locate differences between source data and ingested data.
- Ensure data ingest process works smoothly (fix errors, improve parsers) and troubleshoot as needed.
- Issue technical instructions and communicate with/for developers.
- Understand editorial issues and have the ability to accurately describe and convey the information to engineers and programmers. Also, translate technical details to the Content team.
- Improve quality of data received.
- Identify areas for improvements in the data ingest process and the Content workflow.
- Communicate market trends, challenges and improvements to the Content team.
- Ad hoc project work.
What we expect from you:
- You are very process driven and are able to handle workflows across various systems.
- You are comfortable with technology and programming terminology (you will be issuing instructions to engineers and programmers).
- You feel comfortable talking to people and building relationships. You are professional in how you present yourself and communicate with others.
- Challenges motivate you and you are comfortable taking the lead and making decisions independently.
- You have sharp analytical skills and ability to recognize trends and make value-added recommendations.
- You have a high affinity with computers and strong verbal skills in English.
- You are a reliable team player, always helping when needed.
- You can work with minimal guidance and independently, but do equally well in team environment.
- You are curious and not afraid to seek for support or guidance to help you overcome challenges/tasks.
Requirements / Skills:
- Studies in Business, Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- Fluent in English, both in writing and speaking is mandatory.
- Advanced MS Excel and Power Point skills. Knowledge on macros it´s a plus.
- Programming knowledge (VBA, XML, etc).
- Project Management (MS Project and workflows creation) experience it´s a plus.
- Knowledge of TV industry (program schedules and metadata) it´s a plus.
- Must be organized and quality focused, exhibit strong attention to detail, and possess multi-tasking ability as well as self-motivation.
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting, communication and research skills.
- Excellent time management, prioritization and organizational abilities.
- Candidate should be able and willing to work outside regular business hours if required.
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.