Software Engineering - Applied Research | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Data Engineer:
In the role you will:
As a member of this dynamic and fast-paced team, you will perform cross-functional data engineering and analysis in a big data environment. The Data Insights team is responsible for automating the system/application deployment, and working with development teams to build scalable solutions. Team is responsible for business sync between multiple offerings and building data insights on big real-time data.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Proactively work on the automation, deployment, operations and scaling aspects of production services and applications
- Develop and/or improve tools by writing scripts
- Assist in evaluating design of new and existing systems to assess functionality, effectiveness, reliability, performance, usage, maintainability
- Assist in reliability of data and automate manual processes
- Build insights in data while accessing business requirements
- Communicate with internal and external business partners, engineering and product teams
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related
- 3+ years professional experience in Python scripting and/or application development
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Linux environments as well as deploying, maintaining, and monitoring production applications is a plus
- Good understanding of relational database
- Experience with analysis of big data and front end applications
Other Skills and Experience Include:
- Korean language is a plus
- Detailed oriented, organized, problem solving, and able to work independently and with a team
- Motivated, self-directed, results oriented
- Ability to summarize complex topics for non-technical customers both verbally and visually
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.