Internal Application: Data Analyst
Content- Music | Queensbury, NY | Full Time
At Gracenote, we live and breathe music. Gracenote’s products and services power products from Apple, Amazon, BMW, Sony, and others. We're the company behind many innovative music and video products.
Do you like to explore data? Do you like music? Would you like to help understand what tunes hundreds of millions of people around the world are consuming?
We are presently looking for a Data Analyst to join us. In this role, you will help the company understand our Music content—what we have, what we need, what people are doing with it—and use that understanding to drive decision making.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Provide company-wide visibility into the state of our vast, global Music content sets
- Evaluate and maintain the integrity of our Music content systems
- Support Sales, Business Development, Product, and Content teams with intelligent data analysis in the form of ad-hoc reports, ongoing projects, and visualization dashboards
- Develop a deep understanding of Gracenote data/content flows and act an ambassador across departments to explain them
- Document thoroughly all reporting and analysis projects
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- Dedicated to fast and continual learning—technologies, languages, systems, etc
- Strong communication skills -- able to explain complex topics to technical and non-technical audiences alike without oversimplifying
- Aptitude for rationalizing and contextualizing data
- Strong knowledge of music and related industries
- Willingness to ask questions and teach others!
- Strong hands-on experience with SQL, data warehousing, dashboarding and reporting, involving large datasets and multiple data sources
- Experience in ETL tools such as MSBI (SSIS) and Informatica
- Experience in BI reporting and visualization tools such as MSBI (SSAS, SSRS, Performance Point), Tableau, Crystal Reports, etc
- Programming experience in any language—Python, Perl, Bash, etc
- 2+ years experience doing quantitative analysis
- Power user of Microsoft Office suite
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a similar field
- Experience with big data frameworks (Hive/Hadoop) a plus
- Ability to speak and/or read any non-English languages
You will do well in this role if you are
- Comfortable manipulating, transforming, and analyzing complex data from varying sources/systems
- Able to multitask and work on multiple ongoing projects, with minimal oversight, documentation, and defined process
- Comfortable crafting abstract requests into actionable requirements and concrete results - Communication skills essential
- Excited to impact business decisions through data driven insights
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.