Customer Care Specialist
Customer Care | Jung-gu, Seoul, Korea | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 Billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data”. Over the past 2 years, the company has grown to more than 1800 employees in 20 countries, including over 400 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
Provide Single Point of contact serving as the primary contact and performing customer service functions for TMS electronic accounts. Respond to request from for assistance for telephone calls and email messages. Troubleshoot problems and when, necessary coordinate solutions with appropriate technology and support staff.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Provide first level technical support for Gracenote clients.
- Answer, evaluate and prioritize incoming telephone, voice mail, email and in person request for assistance from clients experiencing problems with data, hardware, software, networking and other issues.
- Interview clients to collect information about problems and lead clients through diagnostic procedure to determine source of issues.
- Handle problem recognition, research, resolution and follow up for routine client problems, referring more complex problems to appropriate support groups when necessary.
- Log and track calls using Salesforce tracking software, and maintain history records and related problem documentation
- Maintain a strong working of supported products and continually strive to enhance knowledge through ongoing training, reading and participating in projects and improvement initiatives.
- Develop a strong understanding of the business and how problems can negatively impact it. Understand when to place a sense of urgency and when to escalate critical problems to management.
- Work in conjunction with Sales and Customer Success staff to determine when custom products and samples are required by clients.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Associates or Bachelors degree or equivalent technical training in a computer related field
- Must possess strong customer service skills; technical support and / or problem solving experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written in both English and Korean. Japanese and/or Chinese language ability would be bonus
- General knowledge of network and web technologies, ftp protocols and tools. Experience with Microsoft Word & Excel and with databases and data structure, including XML is helpful
- Broad understanding of PC hardware and software and proficiency working with a variety of operating systems.
- Good analytical skills and problem solving abilities; demonstrated commitment to assuming responsibility and assuring appropriate follow-through
- Must be self motivated and able to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Maintain stability of performance under pressure; demonstrate patience and control when dealing with different situations
- Organize, schedule and complete multiple tasks concurrently while adapting to a fast changing work environment.
Our passion for music, TV and entertainment on the open road, is at the heart of everything we do. But, what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Tokyo and Queensbury to Copenhagen, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment is celebrated and innovation can come from anyone, not just people with offices and fancy titles. So if you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote is an EOE M/F/D/V