Internal Application: Content QA Specialist
Content - Video | Amsterdam, The Netherlands | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Content QA Specialist.
Successful candidates will be confident, creative, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and flexible. You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, possess excellent communication skills and be able to maintain focus on tasks and deliverables under tight deadlines.
The ideal candidate understands client requirement, closely monitors reports on which they update editorial team and organise cleanup projects if necessary. They indicate when a new preventative measure or report is required and they are able to communicate the requirements to engineering. They actively contribute to automate, enhance and improve our QA measures.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Report errors, detect potential root-cause and implement mechanisms to prevent the reoccurrence of similar issues
- Create and maintain documentation of workflows, tool use and quality control for targeted content as well as keeping track of all quality measures in place
- Ensure that Gracenote fully understands our client’s content needs and requirements
- Recommend and request appropriate and relevant training in order to follow new standards
- Identify, plan and coordinate data enhancement or cleanup projects
- Work with relevant team and proactively identify areas of improvement and recommend better practices
- Provide new ideas to automate some of our validation processes and improve our tools
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- Fluent English skills
- Thorough knowledge of our systems is a plus
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong Excel skills for tracking and reporting
- Excellent administrative and communication skills to provide relevant feedback to stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and to communicate requirements to engineering
- Detail-oriented with good judgment, critical thinking, and a strong capacity for spotting trends and/or anomalies
- Able to detect quickly inconsistencies and potential issues related to a new standard or a standard change
- Excellent editing and written and verbal communication
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. In the United States, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.