Content Editor, Germany
Content - Video | Amsterdam, The Netherlands | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Content Editor, Germany
ROLE: The Content Editor position performs editorial functions related to the ongoing development and creation of media databases and content, specifically in the audiovisual sphere. This person will be responsible for performing high-volume, complex manipulations on the entertainment information that forms the core of Gracenote’s media database, with special focus on creating and enhancing Top Content (Top Series, Top Movies, etc.)
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Acquire and record correct information regarding programs and TV listings from a variety of
- German channels and top content providers.
- Analyze TV program schedules, assess network, syndicated and local TV program information in databases.
- Investigate, confirm and document questionable program content by consulting program information providers and others.
- Consolidate data content and new program information in databases.
- Edit and maintain TV listings information.
- Maintain accurate database information and provide timely updating of listings information.
- Ensure the accuracy of editorial listings, authenticity of program information and timely delivery to in-house personnel.
- Analyze, develop and recommend solutions to editorial, communication and technical procedural and operational needs.
- Ensure timely delivery of accurate and reliable information.
- Initiate and maintain effective relationships with programming information providers.
- Act as a customer service representative concerning product content and editorial policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be native or near-native German and have IMPECCABLE writing and verbal skills. The ability to commence asap is highly desirable.
- Effective organizational, grammatical, analytical, spelling, writing and communication skills.
- We are looking for a quality focused individual with high level of attention to detail.
- Must be able to work accurately under deadline and willing to work outside regular business hours.
- Windows proficiency and/or experience using other computer software and databases with excellent keyboarding skills.
- Good knowledge of German television and VOD programming preferred.
- Excellent Keyboarding skills expected.
- Preferably with a background in journalism, copy writing or translation.
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.