Internal Application: Content Acquisition Manager
Content - Video | Buenos Aires, Argentina | Full Time
The Latin American and US Hispanic Content Acquisition Manager works under the general direction of the Sr. Director of Global Content Acquisition and will establish and maintain relationships with broadcasters, TV networks, pay TV operators, TV and movie studios, video content producers, music labels and sport entities in the region in order to secure information required for Gracenote's entertainment data products. The position is based in our Buenos Aires office.
This person will be responsible for ensuring quality, coverage, and reliability of sources and content tied to services and products delivered to Latin American and US Hispanic clients. And will serve as the point person for acquiring or licensing images and metadata for company data products, either through paid or non-paid agreements.
The ideal candidate will have great networking skills, be self-motivated and have the ability to work effectively in a changing and growing environment with multiple priorities.
In this role you will:
- Establish and maintain relationships with sources (broadcasters/agencies/production companies/etc).
- Document source activity. Maintain reports as per format/s given.
- Research and respond to source inquiries.
- Meeting prep research and follow-up. Assist with creation of presentation materials.
- Lead sourcing staff for day-to-day operations and customer projects in accordance with established goals and budgets.
- Work with colleagues across content horizontals and within other offices on new requests.
- Legal affairs in coordination with the legal team in Argentina and US as and when the need arises (contracts, leases, etc).
- Develop short-term and long-term goals in support of management objectives, monitors progress, and redirects action plans as necessary.
- Participate in regional and global Sourcing strategy planning and implementation.
- Participates in annual department budget planning and oversees implementation.
- Participate in sales meetings, operational meetings and client meetings to clearly define the rewards and risks expected in undertaking new opportunities to increase sales, improve operations and/or enhance the position of the company.
- Coordinate efforts with other entertainment product managers and other Gracenote divisions to ensure that joint strategic and operating objectives are met.
- Conduct annual and non-scheduled performance appraisals to provide employees with ongoing feedback on performance. Ensure the development and training of employees instituting succession planning for management and supervisory positions.
- Support the company-wide headcount and talent planning process to ensure the right team and skills are in place to deliver to targets.
- Performs administrative tasks that support HR and payroll as necessary. Authorizes overtime as required.
- Understanding of the entertainment industry in the Latin American and US Hispanic regions.
- Already established relationships with executives of the entertainment industry.
- Candidate must be fluent in Spanish and English.
- Minimum of five years’ related work experience in the entertainment market.
- Availability to travel to industry events/meetings as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both internally and externally with customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively and transparently with multiple levels of seniority.
- Proven leadership skills to effectively lead, develop and inspire a high performing team through change.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a changing, growing environment, manage multiple priorities and adapt to multiple leaders.
- Strong decision making capabilities and results oriented.
- Strong attention to detail and possess the ability to multi-task and self-motivate.
- Effective organizational, analytical and research skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally.
- Strong presentation and networking skills.
- Crisis management skills.