Community Access Editor 1-9:30 pm
Content - Video | Queensbury, NY | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Community Access Editor.
ROLE: The primary responsibilities of the Community Access Editor is to procure schedule and metadata for local and community access channels while maintaining accurate database information for timely use in all products.
- Edits and maintains television schedules and database information for local access listings for all markets.
- Analyzes program schedules, assesses database information and researches and creates database content per client instruction.
- Researches and documents questionable program content by consulting program information providers and/or Gracenote personnel.
- Initiates and maintains effective relationships with programming information providers/clients and acts as a customer service representative when addressing issues concerning product content and editorial policies.
- Analyzes, develops and recommends solutions to editorial, communication and technical procedural and operational needs to ensure the accuracy of editorial listings, authenticity of program information and timely delivery to in-house personnel.
- Directs workflow for absent teammates to create an independent team.
- Must demonstrate effective organizational, grammatical, analytical, spelling, writing and communication skills.
- Must be able to work as part of a team, regular and reliable attendance is required
- Must demonstrate strong satisfactory to above average accuracy and efficiency in editing.
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.