Channel Lineup Editor
Content - Video | Queensbury, NY | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 Billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 2 years, the company has grown to more than 1800 employees in 20 countries, including over 400 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for an Ingest Channel Lineup Editor.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Collect, confirm, and verify lineups for MSO/DMA markets
- Accurately enter cable system lineups and headend information in a timely manner
- Investigate and confirm questionable information by consulting providers and/or Gracenote personnel
- Initiate and maintain an effective relationship with information providers and act as a service representative when addressing issues concerning product and policies
- Maintain a database of cable operators consisting of address, telephone, fax, primary contact information, and internal notes for each service/headend
- Provide timely investigation and feedback to internal and external inquiries regarding assigned workload
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Must demonstrate effective organizational, grammatical, analytical, spelling, writing, and communication skills
- Must be proficient with the use of Web browsers, Web surfing, and electronic emailing
- Customer service skills required
- Proficiency in Google Drive, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Office
- Must be organized, exhibit strong attention to detail, possess multi-tasking ability as well as self-motivation
- Strong knowledge of television stations and cable and satellite industry preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.