Internal Application: Business Systems Analyst
Content - Video | Amsterdam, The Netherlands | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 Billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 2 years, the company has grown to more than 1800 employees in 20 countries, including over 400 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Business Systems Analyst to coordinate technology and tools requirements across Gracenote’s global Content organization. This position requires excellent organizational, self-motivation, and inter-personal skills, as well as domain knowledge. The job demands decisive operational judgment and regular communication with Gracenote departments outside of Content, including Senior Management, Technical, Big Data, and creative resources. A key component of this role is the ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical execution. This position is responsible for the technical tools used to develop and maintain one of the world’s largest and most commercially viable media information databases.
- Help drive development, delivery and adoption of tools within the Content Organization
- Partner with the global Content Team to research and identify pain points and develop them into business requirements for new tools or methods
- Using a consultative approach, conduct requirements gathering sessions across the organization to extract cross-vertical business rules paying attention to mainstream as well as outliers
- Collaborate with other Business Analysts to drive a holistic view of global content tools requirements and create synergies in methods, processes and tools around the world
- Write and deliver tools functional definitions to the Technical Organization
- Conduct post-development testing and training to drive adoption of the new tools
- Evaluate, analyze and recommend third party tools and external systems as required
- BS/BA degree required; computer science/engineering, information architecture, or statistics degree a plus
- Dedicated to fast and continual learning—technologies, tools, languages, systems, etc.
- Strong communication skills—able to explain complex topics to both technical and non-technical audiences without oversimplifying
- Willingness to ask questions and teach others
- Strong understanding of the current state of the digital music business and related industries
- Aptitude for rationalizing and contextualizing data
- Excited to impact business decisions through data driven insights
Technical Skills and Education
- Experience running and working as an Agile Product Owner, creating and managing backlogs
- Strong hands-on experience with UI-focused software, preferably data entry or content management applications, SQL, data warehousing, dashboarding and reporting, involving large data sets and multiple data sources
- Familiarity with the challenges of modern, web-based development
- Understand how to structure data effectively
- Significant experience in quantitative analysis
Our passion for music, TV and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Tokyo and Queensbury to Copenhagen, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote is a Nielsen Company. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company (NYSE: NLSN), has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90% of the world's population. Nielsen prides itself on being a place where employees can be themselves, make a difference, and grow their careers with the company. It has been named one of the “Top 50 Companies for Diversity” by DiversityInc for three years running and was selected as one of the “Top 35 Companies for Leaders who want Flexibility” by FlexJobs. For more information visit www.nielsen.com.
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. In the United States, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.