After Hours Schedule Editor, UK, (Fit for Non morning people)
Content - Video | Amsterdam, The Netherlands | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an international leader in entertainment navigation, providing industry-leading databases of TV, movie, music and celebrity information to thousands of companies that serve millions of entertainment consumers. We take pride in what we do and we value a creative, entrepreneurial spirit and nurture a culture that delivers results. http://www.gracenote.com/
ROLE: The Schedule Editor, UK edits and maintains a database for the UK television market. The individual will consolidate data content and new program information in the database, maintain accurate database information and provide timely updates. The successful candidate will work in a relaxed office environment and independently manage the given workload and projects.
***Please note that this role requires afternoon/ evening and weekend work***
Tuesday - Friday 12:30pm to 09:00pm (in office)
Saturday 10:00am-18:30pm (from home)
- Acquire and record correct information regarding UK TV and VOD programmes.
- Write and rewrite UK synopsis for movies, shows and episodes.
- Research and populate information such as cast and crew, awards and age rating.
- Investigate, confirm and document questionable program content through research.
- Serve as the first point of contact for Afterhours client requests.
- Consolidate data content and new program information in databases.
- Maintain accurate database information and provide updating of outdated information.
- Ensure the accuracy of database information and authenticity of program information.
- Ensure timely delivery of accurate and reliable information.
- Must be a UK native and have excellent writing and verbal skills.
- English is a must.
- Must be available to work 40 hours per week.
- Excellent organizational, grammatical, analytical, spelling, writing and communication skills.
- We are looking for a quality focused individual with high level of attention to detail.
- Must be able to work accurately under deadline.
- Excellent Keyboarding skills expected. Typing skills 35-40 words per minute.
- Windows proficiency and/or experience using other computer software and databases.
- Good knowledge of UK television programming preferred.
- A background in journalism, copy writing or translation is a plus.
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.