Human Resources | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for an Administrative Assistant/Receptionist:
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Provide Front desk reception duties for the office which includes handling of all phone calls and manage internal & external customers timely and professionally.
- Manage shipping/receiving of mail and packages delivered/sent from the front desk in conjunction with Facilities
- Receive and greet all visitors in a professional and warm manner
- Assist in General Office administration.
- Assist in the coordination of ad-hoc company functions/events.
- Assist in any ad-hoc duties, projects and activities as and when required
- Perform data-entry, documentation preparation, and filling duties
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- High school diploma required
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Proficient with Google for Work/MS Office and Internet research; keyboard skills
- Reliability and punctuality are essential. It is critical that the receptionist is on time, every day.
- There are no flex hours or telecommuting options for this role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional personal presentation
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Organizational and planning skills; High attention to detail
- Self-motivated; able to take the initiative and “own” the role
- Able to maintain a positive, relaxed attitude at times of stress
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to take initiative on assignments with minimal supervision
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Creative problem-solving abilities
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.