Vehicle Maintenance Supervisor/Mechanic
Logistics | Gourmet Gorilla | Part Time and Contract
Gourmet Gorilla Vehicle Maintenance Supervisor
A fast-growing, mission-driven school lunch catering company is seeking a reliable & friendly vehicle maintenance supervisor/mechanic to join our energetic team. This position will be responsible for checking vehicles for damage, scheduling service appointments, refueling vehicles, and generally maintaining Gourmet Gorilla's fleet of vehicles.
The ideal candidate will possess super customer service skills and will be a self-starter, as much of the vehicle maintenance will be up to this person's management/discretion. In this position, you will have the opportunity to join a family-owned company with a startup feel, gain skills and experience in the organic food distribution industry, grow within the company, and help us achieve our mission of providing nutritious meals to all children. You should have strong moral character, with a willingness and appreciation for open dialogue and transparency.
Must have valid drivers license.
Applicant must have a clean driving record, reliable, presentable, can do attitude as well as attention to detail and timeliness. Please inquire with resume and cover letter. Background checks are conducted.
Starting in ASAP.
· Checking vehicles as they return for damage and recording damage using an online database
· Refueling vehicles
· Maintaining service logs for vehicles, and scheduling appointments for maintenance as needed
· Working with our logistics management team to ensure that all vehicles are operating smoothly and dock is closed out at the end of the day
· Part Time Hours: 2 pm – 6 pm (approx.)
· Days: Monday – Friday
· Location: 1200 W Cermak
· Start: Immediately
· Pay: DOE $18-$20 /hour
· Must have a valid drivers' license
· Clean driving record & background check
· Applicant must be reliable, punctual, presentable
· Previous experience as a mechanic a plus
· Familiarity with Ford Transits & Dodge Promasters a plus