Kitchen | Gourmet Gorilla | Full Time
Seeking a dedicated afternoon sous chef experienced in big batch cooking to join a high volume kitchen specializing in school lunches cooked from scratch. Will be using large-scale equipment. However, finesse and attention to detail on is vital. Must have great knife skills, speed, accuracy and knowledge of food safety and sanitation requirements; sanitation certificate a plus.
A good example of what we do is taking a home recipe that serves six and scaling it up to serve 2,000 kids. Please send a resume and a short statement of why you qualify for the job.
- Hours: 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Days: Monday-Friday
- Location: 1200 W Cermak
- Pay: DOE
- Start: Immediately
- Employee gym on site, free yoga and ESL classes on site, frequent company parties, exciting environment and friendly staff
- Benefits packages available
- Large scale cooking; scaling recipes according to production demand.
- Carry out existing production and learn existing methodologies for food items on existing menu
- Ensure safe and timely production, including food safety, sanitation, correct cooking, holding chilling time and temperature
- Implement quality control checks and advise on SOPs
- Experience with HACCP a plus
- Report incorrect recipes and improve consistency of methods carried out by team
- 2-3 years food production experience
- \Responsible, reliable, and diligent worker able to work with little supervision
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Ability to read and write English