School Relationship Supervisor
Management Team | Gourmet Gorilla | Full Time
School Relationship Supervisor
The School Relationship Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that a wide range of daily functions and activities that affect our client’s experience with our meal programs are met. She/he will also have responsibilities for the overall management of our onsite school servers and assisting with daily communications with the schools they are staffed within.
At Gourmet Gorilla™we strive for a sustainable future for children by providing local and organic school meals and healthier eating options. We are committed to working with community partners to provide solid nutrition for children to help them learn and grow. Building alliances between local farms, urban agriculturalists, dietitians, nutritionists, talented chefs, and organic food manufacturers, we are able to provide quality ingredients as well as links to educational resources on healthy food curriculum, the value of local and organic foods, garden projects, and ecological awareness.
We are building a team of professionals who care about food and where it comes from; who choose to work in a nurturing environment where all individuals are respected and coached to grow. We value creativity, diversity, breadth of knowledge, and a desire to enjoy our profession.
General Job Description:
The School Relationship Supervisor ensures excellent service to students, schools, and Gourmet Gorilla and is responsible for the following:
- Executing a healthy and enjoyable student meal experience with Gourmet Gorilla schools!
- Keeping our schools compliant by ensuring servers are only serving reimbursable meals.
- Driving operational directives which includes helping to ensure meal programs remain in budget through managing school food waste (which would involve helping some accounts ordering effectively) helping to identify successful and cost effect meal items, as well as help manage appropriate staffing levels.
- Managing and training new school site service team members
- Interacting with school leaders to support the site teams' success as well as ensuring s/he feels cared for and appreciated.
- Advocate for customer needs as they arise, in addition to providing ongoing account stewardship ensuring a positive working relationship between the school and Gourmet Gorilla.
- Coordinating and delivering nutrition education in schools.
- Helping promote the Gourmet Gorilla brand and mission in schools through community and school events at our preschools, elementary and high schools.
- Ensuring all key account orders are placed accurately by schools and/or internal staff through our online ordering system..
- Help trouble shoot logistical and menu questions that may generate from school servers or schools .
- Schedule server call outs to ensure full staffing at schools each day.
- Visiting schools where we staff our servers on a regular basis.
- Dietetics or nutrition degree preferred
- Basic math skills addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Basic computer skills: Microsoft Office Programs, online database programs
- Prioritizing daily, weekly and monthly responsibilities
- Project management
- Mid-level management experience
- Leadership: Assess, coaching, motivate, discipline staff to meet goals.
- Food handler certification
Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter.