Logistics | Gourmet Gorilla | Full Time
Our mission is to strive for a sustainable future for our children by providing local and sustainable school meals and healthier eating options.
We are seeking a strong candidate to join our logistics department as our Logistics Manager, for a growing food service company specializing in sustainable school meals cooked from scratch. We’re seeking an intelligent, responsible, and reliable individual who can help to create a cohesive relationship between our customer service and logistics teams. This person should be comfortable in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment.
A successful candidate is one who is focused, competitive and driven by a passion for the mission to deliver good food to kids. You should have strong moral character, with a willingness and appreciation for open dialogue and transparency. An ability to facilitate or be part of a team is essential. Have an innate empathy with a keen interest in educating or being educated while building community in and around the organization. Someone who constantly strives for greatness through problem solving and innovation. Manage challenges with energy, balance, and perseverance.
- Supervision of a drivers daily during pack out and deliveries
- Manage fleet, equipment, and dock maintenance
- Create and review routing plans, collaboratively with other members of logistics management team
- Work with office team to accommodate special requests, delivery windows, and to plan and reroute deliveries.
- Help troubleshoot daily deliveries, re-deliveries, and other expediting issues.
- Help expedite food items as needed
- Assist with deliveries as needed
- Work collaboratively with Operations Manager on HR decisions, including hiring, training, and restructuring, as needed
- Able to work early mornings, shift starts between 5am and 6am.
- Experience multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to effectively problem solve both independently and collaboratively
- Experience creating route plans is a plus, creative thinking is essential
- Must be reliable, responsible, flexible and able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment. Our environment is very dynamic and requires someone who can change gears quickly and troubleshoot problems independently.
- Strong knowledge of Chicagoland geography, towns, highways, and roads a plus
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation requirements a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer skills, proficient in the Microsoft Suite
- Fluent in English (bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus)
- 1-3 years of management experience required
- Logistics experience, or working in a similar fast paced environment is a plus
- Clean background check
- Days: Monday – Friday
- Location: City of Chicago
- Start: Immediately
- Please send a resume and a short statement of why you are interested and qualified for the job
- Provide three references