Logistics and Supply Chain Manager
Logistics | Gourmet Gorilla | Full Time
Logistics and Supply Chain Manager
Supply Chain | Chicago
We are seeking a strong candidate to join our Logistics department! A successful candidate is one who is focused, dedicated and driven by a passion for the mission to deliver healthy meals. You should have strong moral character, with a willingness and appreciation for open dialogue and transparency. An ability to facilitate and be part of a team is essential. Have an innate empathy with a keen interest in educating or being educated while building community in and around the organization. Someone who constantly strives for greatness through problem solving and innovation. Manage challenges with energy, balance and perseverance.
The Logistics and Supply Chain Manager is responsible for the successful and efficient distribution of all Gourmet Gorilla products distributed from our Chicago location. This position is also responsible for the maintenance and coordination of the Gourmet Gorilla Chicago fleet and warehouse equipment. A high-level knowledge in supply chain and fleet management is an absolute requirement for this position. The ideal candidate will have experience mentoring and managing 30-50 direct employees and a large fleet of vehicles, as well as last mile logistics experience. The Logistics Manager should be comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and is quick on their feet. The ideal candidate is personable, energetic, highly organized, process driven and hard working. Problem solving, strategic thinking and a growth mindset are necessary characteristics.
This position will report directly to the Senior Supply Chain Manager and provide operational support in growing Logistics operations into satellite locations and transforming the department into a profitable business unit. The Logistics and Supply Chain Manager will also act as a liaison between the customer service and all other departments and the logistics dispatch management team, promoting excellence in customer service. The goal of this individual is to take responsibility for implementing and executing operational strategies, processes, systems, growth, productivity, culture and financial commitments of the Logistics Department, and improve efficiency and profitability and reduce costs while executing 100% order fulfillment and on time delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure efficient distribution operations and timely deliveries that meet performance goals and budget.
- Manage Dispatch Management team and Driving team during pack-out process and throughout the course of the day.
- Responsible for preventative maintenance of all fleet vehicles as well as coordination of timely repair of vehicles when significant repairs are necessary.
- Routing for all Gourmet Gorilla deliveries out of both Chicago and satellite offices, with a firm understanding of input offered by the customer service team and dispatch management teams.
- Ability to troubleshoot delivery issues, coordinate re-deliveries, and improve processes leading to higher accuracy and no re-deliveries.
- Collaborate and communicate with supply chain, cross-functional, and regional teams to effectively execute distribution goals, and ensure all operations meet quality and safety standards.
- Manage and improve upon current distribution procedures in a manner that leads to higher customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with Senior Supply Chain Manager on HR decisions and building best in class Logistics team, including hiring, training and employee discipline.
- Support Senior Supply Chain Manager in facilitating departmental projects, data and reporting
- Maintain a safe warehouse environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- 5+ years of management experience leading a distribution/logistics team
- 5+ years of fleet management with extensive vehicle knowledge
- Last Mile Logistics experience
- Strong computer skills and experience with Supply Chain systems, comfortable with changing and implementing technology solutions
- Ability to work early mornings and / or evenings and weekends as necessary
- Experience managing a warehouse environment including safety procedures
- Successful experience in distribution routing
- Reliable, flexible, responsible and possess the ability to work in a dynamic and evolving environment
- Innovative and quick on your feet decision making, eager to provide solution and achieve results
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and adhere to business-critical deadlines and budget
- Ability to build partnerships, possesses strong customer service skills
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships and communicate relevant information across all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience interviewing and hiring driving team
- Strong knowledge of Chicagoland geography, towns. Highways is a plus
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation requirements a plus
- Fluent in English (bilingual in Spanish is a plus)
- Clean background check
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and an acceptable and safe driving record
- Full Time Salaried Position with Benefits
- Early morning hours
- Location: 1200 W Cermak Rd., Pilsen, Chicago
- Start: Immediately
- Salary: DOE
- Please submit resume and cover letter
- Please provided three references
Gourmet Gorilla is an Equal Opportunity Employer and requires background checks.