Lead AM Pack out/Delivery Driver - School Food Service
Logistics | Gourmet Gorilla | Full Time
Lead AM Pack out/Delivery Driver for Gourmet Gorilla, School Food Service
We are seeking someone who is responsible, punctual, pays attention to detail, is a good with numbers and likes to work in a fast paced challenging environment. The Lead AM Pack out/Delivery Driver is responsible for the morning pack out of up to 35 delivery trucks with school lunches for deliveries to be made that day starting at 5:00AM. Punctuality is of utmost importance for the AM pack out to be able to perform his job and needs to be at work on time every day Monday-Friday. The pack out requires superb attention to detail and counting skills to ensure that each truck gets packed with the right amount of lunches and milks each day to be able to fulfill all the deliveries for that day. The lead expediter must be able to coordinate multiple people to help with the AM pack out including other delivery drivers and expediters. The lead AM pack out must also have the ability to work quickly to ensure that delivery trucks leave on time.
The lead AM pack out will also work as a delivery driver after the pack out is complete. This portioning of the job requires the person to be a safe and responsible driver. They must have a license and will be subject to a thorough background check sine this person will be making deliveries to schools. They also must be friendly and have a positive attitude as they are the face of the company to the customers.
Will be subject to thorough background check and drug testing.
- Pack out of delivery trucks for morning deliveries per driver checklist and schedule
- Counting of lunch and milks to be packed into each truck.
- Coordinate with drivers and expediter to help complete pack out in a timely and efficient manner
- Ability to organize meals and milk based on instructions, and order.
- As a delivery driver responsible for delivering school lunches to multiple stops on a route.
- They must return old dishes from stops to the central kitchen.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs on a consistent basis throughout the day
- Hours: 5am - 1pm (approx)
- Days: Monday – Friday
- Location: 1200 W Cermak
- Start: Immediately
- Pay: DOE - Hourly
- Must have a valid drivers' license
- Clean driving record & background check
- Applicant must be reliable, punctual, presentable
- Knowledge of Chicagoland streets and geography a plus
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs and occasionally climb stairs
- Computer skills, a plus.