Inventory | Gourmet Gorilla | Full Time
Gourmet Gorilla provides local and sustainable school meals and healthier eating options to schools throughout Northern Illinois and Wisconsin. We are committed to working with community partners to provide solid nutrition for all children in order to help them learn and grow. Collaborating within regional food systems around the Midwest food shed, Gourmet Gorilla works with food hubs, rural farmers, urban agriculturalists, dietitians, nutritionists, talented chefs, and organic food manufacturers. We provide quality ingredients as well as connections and partnerships to educational resources on healthy food curriculum, the value of fresh healthy and sustainable food, garden projects, and ecological awareness.
Gourmet Gorilla is looking for an Inventory Specialist to join our inventory team! This position will be very dynamic and requires collaboration with every department in the company.
A successful candidate is one who is focused, competitive and driven by a passion for the mission to deliver good food to kids and to play a key role in stimulating sustainable growing practices in our regional food shed! You should have strong moral character, with a willingness and appreciation for open dialogue and transparency. An ability to facilitate or be part of a team is essential. Have an innate empathy with a keen interest in educating or being educated while building community in and around the organization. Someone who constantly strives for greatness through problem solving and innovation. Manage challenges with energy, balance and perseverance.
The Inventory Specialist will work closely with the Purchasing Manager and Sourcing Specialist on supplier/vendor and inventory management. The role is also responsible for inventory and recipe systems maintenance, documentation, and improvements. The responsibilities of this position will also cross over into systems integrated with our inventory systems, such as POS. This position is responsible for the following, but not limited to:
General Job Responsibilities:
- Item master management within inventory systems
- Maintain process documentation for purchasing, inventory, and reporting
- Maintain recipe database for accuracy, accessibility, and ease of use, making recommendations for improvement when necessary..
- Ensure proper data synchronization of sales and item management systems
- Review inventory and provide cost feedback to Purchasing Manager.
- Has a good understanding of expected products, costs, and margins.
- Ensure staff have an appropriate understanding of our cost control systems, and know where to find relevant information.
- Develop, Conduct, and Facilitate regular training sessions designed for all system users as needed to ensure operational expertise at all levels for relevant systems.
- Interest in sustainable agriculture and food systems.
- Preferable work experience using a purchasing system for purchasing, accounts payable, or a related field
- Ability to create and administer a task priority list based on company needs
- Experience with wholesale operations is a plus
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Intermediate analytical, problem solving, and reporting skills
- Exposure to working with process, organizational change and project management
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and proactive approach that is results focused
- Computer skills; spreadsheet and word processing software capabilities.
- Able to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal skills including ability to deliver well written reports and business correspondence.
Perks and Benefits
Gourmet Gorilla has a lot to offer, from quality-focused, passionate, and fun colleagues to competitive pay and medical, dental, and vision benefits. We strongly value work-life balance and enjoy our time at work. Perks of the job also include our employee gym and wellness programs like yoga, tai chi classes and staff outdoor adventures.
- 40-50 Hours a week
- This position is PAID: salaried, $30k-$45k DOE
To apply, please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter.