Human Capital Leader
Human Resources | Gourmet Gorilla | Full Time
Human Capital Leader
Recruiting & Generalist Responsibilities
Full Time | Chicago
Gourmet Gorilla is a school food service company with a mission to create a sustainable future for our children by providing good food access to all children.
We are seeking a dynamic and entrepreneurial Human Capital Leader to provide a full complement of HR support to our rapidly growing team! The Human Capital Leader manages the day-to-day operations of the central office by implementing our policies and programs with a focus on hiring and talent acquisition. Initially the work will be 75% recruiting and 25% other HR responsibilities. Other areas include but are not limited to building culture, training, mentoring, employee relations, worker’s compensation and benefits. A familiarity working across multiple states and within multiple disciplines.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic candidate who shares a passion for our mission and is aligned with our culture in order to build and expand our Human Resource department and capabilities. You will need to really like people and have a genuine desire to help them grow. This role will be equal parts strategy and execution. Needs to have an entrepreneurial mindset and be a self driven problem solver.
We are looking for a highly efficient leader who will help us source candidates, fill the constant number of jobs that are posted on our recruiting app, and ensure that there is always enough supply of candidates to meet demand.
An understanding of industry leading cloud based software platforms is a plus.
Previous start-up experience with a recruiting company and someone who knows how to build and manage Recruiting & Operations teams is desired. We are a growth-stage company, as such, you will play a key role in guiding how to best leverage our resources and energy.
Recruiting and talent acquisition, assess company’s staffing needs by communicating with hiring managers and senior executives regarding what talent they need.
Provide immediate assistance for hiring managers (posting, screening, offer negotiation, approval process). Assess current process, cost per hire, and recommend optimal solutions.
Identify opportunities to automate and innovate cost-effective approaches. Assess current HRIS (ex. employee self-service, run semi-monthly payroll reports, manage PTO and paid sick leave, clarify paid sick leave policy).
Implement effective recruiting processes (internal req’s/approvals, job descriptions, posting, sourcing, screening, interview guides and schedules, offers, maintain employee files).
Design and deploy paperless onboarding experience (on and off boarding, review new hire packets: I-9, federal withholding, state withholding forms).
Leadership, Culture, Coaching, Training & Development
Provide change management and communications guidance. Support training and development planning (2021/2022 plan. Provide real-time feedback as appropriate).
Develop and implement HR processes (HRIS, onboarding, performance management).
Provide support for legal issues (ex. employee handbook, current employment laws: Families First Medical Leave Act, FMLA, Maternity and Paternity Leave policy documented, COVID related issues).
Develop Employee Engagement Strategy (ex. employee survey, events, online feedback).
Provide compensation and benefits support (ex. incentive and growth plans, insurance enrollment [health, dental, vision], 401K plan audit, management wage garnishments and unemployment claims).
HR Business Partner
Provide recommendations and roadmap for future state of HR; fulfill actions for next phase.
Build employee trust in human resources, policies, procedures and compliance rules and regulations.
Provide change management leadership to support Organizational Structure and Design, On-Boarding, Employee Relations, Benefits and Comp Admin, Payroll Administration, HR Infrastructure, People Strategy, Performance Management, Training and Development.
- 3-5 years of HR Generalist experience
- 4 year degree in Human Resource Management or related field preferred
- Strong Word and Excel skills, and comfortable with new technology and systems
- Knowledge of recruitment strategies, job boards, etc.
- Understanding of compliance with legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the HR Function
- Strong track record of organization, analytical and strategic project planning skills
- Interest in being a part of a fast-paced, dynamic, rapidly growing, mission-driven company
- Prior experience building and promoting company culture.
- Knowledge of Organizational Behavior as it relates to HR/People. It is imperative to understand our people and our culture, to ensure that we have the right people to enable growth.
- Leadership of strategic thinkers, peers, and the strategic direction of the organization
- Ability to create a vision - both organization-wide and for the department
- Change Management experience
- Experience with and passion for Diversity and Inclusion initiatives, including guiding toward a company vision, managing a budget, and influencing important decisions.
- Ability to lead our employee retention strategy, through learning and development, compensation philosophy, innovative benefits, and career laddering
- Willing and eager to play an active role in recruiting a diverse team. We believe a diverse team and ideas result in better business and culture, and look to our leaders to help with our diversity efforts.
- 40+ hrs. per week
- Salary DOE
- Start Immediately
- Ability to work on site
- Please apply at www.gourmetgorilla.com with a resume and cover letter
- Provide three references
Gourmet Gorilla, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and requires background checks.