Full Time Baker
Kitchen | Gourmet Gorilla | Part Time
Seeking a dedicated baker experienced in big batch baking to join a high volume kitchen specializing in school lunches cooked from scratch. Will be using large-scale equipment. However, finesse and attention to detail on is vital. Bread baking, Gluten-Free baking, quick breads, muffins, and energy bars are just a snapshot of what this position will be responsible for.
This position will join an energetic, passionate team that is excited to make healthy food for kids. The baker will report directly to the lead chef and work closely with management to develop new products.
- Days: Monday-Friday
- Location: 1200 W Cermak
- Pay: $13-$15/hour DOE
- Start: Immediately
- Employee gym on site, free yoga and ESL classes on site, frequent company parties, exciting environment and friendly staff
- Benefits packages available
- Large scale baking; scaling recipes according to production demand.
- Carry out existing production and learn existing methodologies for food items on existing menu
- Ensure safe and timely production, including food safety, sanitation, correct cooking, holding chilling time and temperature
- Report incorrect recipes and improve consistency of methods carried out by team
- 1-2 years of baking experience
- Responsible, reliable, and diligent worker able to work with little supervision
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Ability to read and write English