Director of Nutrition
Nutrition Services | Gourmet Gorilla | Full Time
To strive for a sustainable future for our children by providing local and organic school meals and healthier eating options. We are committed to working with community partners to provide solid nutrition for children in order to help them learn and grow.
We are building a team of professionals who care about food and where it comes from; who choose to work in a nurturing environment where all individuals are respected and coached to grow. We value creativity, diversity, breadth of knowledge, and a desire to enjoy our profession.
The Director of Nutrition will be responsible for ensuring that a wide range of daily functions and activities are met, including lead menu analysis and menu design for all NSLP, CACFP, SSFP, and DCFS menus to meeting child nutrition requirements, preparing formal bid responses, overseeing client audits, analyzing existing recipes and implementing new recipes. She/he will also have responsibilities for supporting the financial goals and expectations for the market operations.
In addition, this individual is someone who is ready, willing and able to pitch in at any level where needed to ensure the success of the operation, coupled with a true entrepreneurial and leadership spirit that is driven by the desire to create something great.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct nutrition team in their efforts to manage the overall school meal experience, menu development and nutrition analysis.
- Provide our purchaser with sourcing assistance, product nutrition and cost analysis.
- Lead the design and implementation of all menus to meet company nutrition and sourcing objectives and nutritional requirements of NSLP, CACFP, SSFP and DCFS
- Work with our school relationship manager on implementing special projects.
- Assist in new product development for institutional clients.
- Provide regulatory and quality control support to the operations as it relates to our meal production.
- Lead client nutrition audits and formal bid responses.
- Overseeing the management of our online nutritional menu planning software.
- 2+ years relevant experience
- Masters in dietetics preferred
- RD, LDN license required
- Specialized training in school foodservice management and nutrition is highly desirable. Understanding of state nutrition requirements for multiple states and interaction with state audit representatives for compliance.
- Strong communication, leadership and interpersonal skills: both orally and in writing.
- Able to work well with others and participate as part of a team, respectful.
- Able to multi-task in a professional, respectful manner with keen attention to detail.
- Committed to the mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies while supporting the local sustainable food community.
- Bi-lingual a plus but not required. Ability to read, write and speak English is required.
- Knowledge/Interest in local food system development, sustainability, urban agriculture, organics.
- Customer service focused, ability to visit school sites for day trips to check on compliance, food quality, customers concerns, nutrition training for children, parents, and school administrators
- Strong and positive communicator and problem solving abilities.
Please send resume and a cover letter explaining your interest and experience and why you are a good fit for this position.