Finance | Gourmet Gorilla | Full Time
To strive for a sustainable future for our children by providing local and sustainable school meals and healthier eating options.
We are seeking a strong candidate to join our Finance department. A successful candidate is one who is focused, dedicated and driven by a passion for the mission to deliver good food to kids. You should have strong moral character, with a willingness and appreciation for open dialogue and transparency. An ability to facilitate and be part of a team is essential. Have an innate empathy with a keen interest in educating or being educated while building community in and around the organization. Someone who constantly strives for greatness through problem solving and innovation. Manage challenges with energy, balance and perseverance.
The Bookkeeper position is responsible for handling the bookkeeping and select accounting functions. Responsibilities include administrative functions which support accurate documentation. Under the direction of the Controller, the Bookkeeper demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in all aspects of recording, reporting and tracking. This staff member has the ability to evaluate situations then act independently, seek direction from the Controller or report immediate problematic issues. Key qualities include: Excellent organizational ability, detail-oriented, thorough, excellent follow-through skills, accurate, flexible, able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize, advanced level of computer literacy including proficiency in excel.
- Accounts Receivable - Prepares monthly invoices & follows up on AR aging.
- Accounts Payable - Processes invoices and expenses with accuracy. Pay vendors as invoices are due. Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies; respond to vendor inquiries.
- Account Reconciliation: Bank & credit card statements
- Assists in month end close, annual financial review & 401K plan audit.
- Maintains electronic documentation of transactions, ACH payments and other accounting documents.
- Responds to requests and inquiries in a timely and thorough manner.
- Assists in documenting internal control processes
- Assists with internal meeting coordination and preparation.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Prior QuickBooks experience preferred
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to deal with confidential matters appropriately.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees and management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong customer service mentality.
- Hands-on, self-motivation, sense of urgency and good judgment in resolving issues.
- Salaried position with benefits
- Start Immediately
- Please provide a resume and cover letter
- Please provide three references
Gourmet Gorilla is an Equal Opportunity Employer and requires background checks.