Assistant Culinary Production Manager
Management Team | Gourmet Gorilla | Full Time
Position: Assistant Culinary Production Manager
Gourmet Gorilla is looking for an Assistant Culinary Production Manager to lead our growing, large batch culinary team! This position will be very dynamic and requires collaboration with every department in the company.
A successful candidate is one who is focused, competitive and driven by a passion for the mission to deliver good food to kids! You should have strong moral character, with a willingness and appreciation for open dialogue and transparency. An ability to facilitate or be part of a team is essential. Have an innate empathy with a keen interest in educating or being educated while building community in and around the organization. Someone who constantly strives for greatness through problem solving and innovation, and manage challenges with energy, balance and perseverance.
- Manage 25 hourly workers, including scheduling, budget control, production planning
- Manage and execute the cycle menu culinary production for over 30,000 meals daily
- Test recipes and capture production data in small and large batches, work across teams and departments including nutrition, logistics, operations
- Manage production data using cloud based technology
- Work within and direct multinational teams
- Mentor and build team moral, achieve daily production goals while looking ahead at short, medium and long term department goals
- Convert cycle menus into actionable production tasks
- Stay the course and close out daily production goals no matter what.
- Effective communicator
- Ability to develop and manage SOP’s to achieve results and avoid over and under production
- Contribute to the development of annual operating plan and achieving goals on it
- Drive cost savings projects within department to achieve financial plan annually
- 3 to 5 years experience within a high volume prepared meal environment
- Experience using large volume cooking equipment including, steam jacket kettles, braising pans, combi ovens, buffalo choppers, slicers mixers, produce prep equipment
- High attention to detail, ability to weigh, count, measure, convert
- HACCP certified, experience, building, implementing, and evolving food safety management plans, HACCP or similar
- Personable and ability to empathize, flexible to change
- Works well in a high-paced environment
- Experience leading a culinary team
- Demonstrate knowledge and passion for the Gourmet Gorilla mission
Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter.