Sr. Hospice Biller
Operations | Irving, TX
Senior Billing Specialist
We're looking for an experienced Hospice Medicaid biller with great organizational and communication skills. Computer experience and the ability to interpret payer source instructions and applicable regulations is a prerequisite. Multi-state and room and board billing experience are required.
About Good Shepherd Hospice
Good Shepherd Hospice is a growing provider of hospice care with a clear vision for our future, strong leadership to guide us and great opportunities for all current and future employees. We are a member of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Association, Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
- Files all billing forms for reimbursement from payer sources, including but not limited to Medicare and Medicaid in Kansas, Missouri and Texas.
- Responds to payer sources for requests for further information on claims.
- Monitors aging of accounts receivable and re-bills, as necessary until the amount due is collected.
- Files all bills accurately and completely according to payer instructions.
- Reviews new-admission records as posted in the computer to verify accuracy of billing information.
- Verifies patient policy/benefit information with payer sources and coordinates prior-authorization if required.
- Ensure eligibility is verified on admission and accurately maintained and followed up accordingly to prevent lost revenue for Kansas Medicaid clients as required.
- Notifies Administration of any missing documentation required to complete billing.
- Answers routine billing questions from admissions staff, patient care staff, and patient families/caregivers as needed.
- Identifies and resolves billing issues involving other Hospice providers as required by payer guidelines.
- Performs duties associated with re-billing and collections of Medicare, Medicaid, HMO/PPO claims according to best business practices.
- Calls insurance companies regarding denials and non-payment of billed accounts.
- Responsible for identifying problems and solutions or enhancements to resolve billing issues.
- Responsible to monitor ADR request and notify Administrators promptly.
- Responsible to monitor and track ADR denials and communicate to Administrators.
- Maintains billing files.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Participates in educational activities and attends routine staff meetings.
- Participates in training as required by Medicare/HMO/PPO/Hospice Guidelines in-order to comply with billing regulations and changes in the industry.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
Our competitive benefit package for full-time employees includes paid holidays, Health, Dental and Life Insurance, an education fund, a 401K investment plan with matching and paid time off. Monthly Bonus potential when team goals are met.
Good Shepherd Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.