Clinical Care | Springfield, MO | Contract
Wanted: Caring and Compassionate Team Member to Support Our Patients and their Families In Their Time of Need
Position Description & Responsibilities
The Medical Social Worker provides medical social services to patients and their families, working as a member of the interdisciplinary hospice team. Seeking qualified BSW and MSW candidates to work 32 hours per week.
The Medical Social Worker is responsible for:
- Assessing Significant Social and Emotion Factors for Patients and Families
- Helping Patient and Family to Understand, Accept and Follow Care Plan
- Use All Available Means to Help Patient and Family To Live Better Within Illness Limitations
- Participates in Ongoing Educational Programs and Special Projects
- Supports Staff with Loss and Patient/Family Issues
Work For A Leader In Hospice Care
Good Shepherd Hospice is a growing provider of hospice care with a clear vision for our future, strong leadership to guide us and great opportunities for all current and future employees. We are a member of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Association, Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
- Master’s Degree in Medical Social Work from accredited school or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or related field and working under supervision of an MSW
- LMSW, LCSW or BSW Certification
- Licensed in the State of Missouri
- Can Successfully Pass Criminal Background Check
We’d Love It If You Have:
- Experience as a social worker in a healthcare setting
- A working knowledge of and demonstrated commitment to hospice care philosophy
Our competitive benefit package for full-time employees includes paid holidays, Health, Dental and Life Insurance, an education fund, a 401K investment plan with matching and paid time off. Please inquire about specific compensation and available benefits for this position.
Good Shepherd Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.