RN On Call - Weekends / FT / 5 Weeks Paid Vacation
Clinical Care | Oklahoma City, OK | Full Time
Our Mission...serving people with compassion and dignity
Seeking experienced RN to work On Call weekends.
Full-time position Friday evening through Sunday.
The On-Call RN manages the after hours nursing needs of Hospice patients, while working with families, caregivers and other members of the interdisciplinary team. The On-Call Nurse responds to all phone calls promptly and appropriately, makes patient visits as necessary and completes after hours admissions and deaths as needed.
*2018 Hospice Honors recipient for the third year in a row.
Established by Deyta Analytics, this prestigious annual review recognizes hospices that continuously provide the highest level of quality care.
Good Shepherd Hospice is a leader in providing quality and compassionate hospice care. We opened our first office in Oklahoma City in 1995. Today, we have a regional presence serving Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Texas. Along the way, we've touched the lives of more than 20,000 patients and shepherded 50,000+ family members through their time of need, offering bereavement support for as long as they desired it. Every member of our medical team – and volunteer staff – receives comprehensive, ongoing training.
We are a member of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Association, Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
- Carrying out physician orders
- Informing the physician of changes in the patient’s condition and needs
- Communicating with medical professionals, the Hospice team and others
- Maintaining accurate, up-to-date records
- Providing services in accordance with agency policies and regulations that define scope of practice
- Participating in in-service programs
- Demonstrating strong communication and customer service skills
Benefits - 5 weeks paid vacation per year based on accrued hours
Our competitive benefit package includes paid holidays, Health, Dental and Life Insurance, an education fund, a 401K investment plan with matching, mileage reimbursement, and 5 weeks paid time off per year based on accrued hours.
- Nursing License in the State of Oklahoma
- Minimum of one year of nursing experience
- Strong organizational and self-management skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Can successfully pass background checks
Good Shepherd Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
COMPASSIONATE ABOUT CARE. passionate about life.