RN Executive Director / 5 Weeks Paid Vacation / Bonus Program
Clinical Care | Springfield, MO | Full Time
Seeking RN With Strong Leadership Skills For Hospice Executive Director
*Must Have Management Experience
Good Shepherd Hospice has an immediate opening for an Executive Director to lead our Springfield office. We're looking for an individual with strong leadership skills and a can-do attitude. Desired qualities include:
A critical thinker who knows how to listen
A decisive leader who is passionate about quality care and excellent service
A leader with a heart for serving people with compassion and dignity
An experienced professional with a positive approach to managing, coaching and mentoring our hospice team
Service excellence drives our model for providing quality, compassionate care at the end of life. We opened our first office in Oklahoma City in 1995. Today, we have a regional presence serving Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Texas. Along the way, we've touched the lives of more than 20,000 patients and shepherded 50,000+ family members through their time of need. Every member of our medical team – and volunteer staff – receives comprehensive, ongoing training.
We are a member of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Association, Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall direction of hospice services and for maintaining standards of care to comply with federal and state regulations:
- Establishes, implements and evaluates goals and objectives for hospice services that meet and promote company standards of quality care and customer service
- Engages, develops and supports team members to reach their highest potential
- Provides oversight of quality assurance, performance improvement, utilization review and risk management plans while ensuring compliance with state, federal and accreditation regulations
- Tracks key performance indicators to develop and implement initiatives designed to ensure excellence in all aspects of the delivery of care to our patients
- Fosters ongoing collaboration with the hospice team and partners with whom we work
- Care planning
- Documentation practices and procedures
- Managing all patient care expenditures and assuring both regulatory compliance and adherence to company policies and procedures
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from an accredited school preferred
- A minimum of two years of management experience in the field of healthcare with a minimum of two years of Hospice or related healthcare experience
- Current Registered Nurse license in the state of Missouri
- Knowledge of the hospice care philosophy and interdisciplinary team approach
- Experience working with programs required to comply with federal and state regulations and quality care standards
- Good working knowledge of hospice regulations and quality standards of care, hospice federal and state guidelines, as well as Medicare and Medicaid hospice payor requirements
Benefits - 5 weeks paid vacation based on accrued hours.
Salary plus generous performance-based bonus package, as well as competitive benefits including paid holidays, Health, Dental and Life Insurance, a 401K investment plan with matching, and five weeks paid vacation based on accrued hours.
Good Shepherd Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
COMPASSIONATE ABOUT CARE. passionate about life.