RN Clinical Director/ $5000 Sign-On Bonus/ 5 Weeks Paid Vacation
Clinical Care | Lenexa, KS | Full Time
Our Mission...serving people with compassion and dignity.
Seeking experienced RN to join our Leadership Team. Working under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Clinical Director is responsible for administering the clinical aspects of our hospice program, for ensuring the provision of quality care to patients and for ongoing evaluation of services and staff. Our ideal candidate will possess strong leadership skills, a passion for service, and the desire to support and mentor our hospice team.
*Minimum of two years successful supervisory experience in hospice required.
*$5000 sign-on bonus paid at 90 days of employment
Good Shepherd Hospice is a leading provider of hospice care with a clear vision for our future, strong leadership to guide us and great opportunities for all current and future employees. We opened our first office in Oklahoma City in 1995. Today, we have a regional presence serving Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Texas. Along the way, we've touched the lives of more than 20,000 patients and shepherded 50,000+ family members through their time of need, offering bereavement support for as long as they desired it. Every member of our medical team – and volunteer staff – receives comprehensive, ongoing training.
We are a member of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Association, Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
- Provides day-to-day oversight and management of all clinical staff.
- Assures continuity of care for patients/families from admission to discharge or transfer to bereavement.
- Leads a weekly interdisciplinary team (IDT) meeting focused on creating a positive team culture, reviewing patients, providing clinical education and discussing operational needs.
- Establishes and maintains positive, caring relationships with executives, managers, physicians, non-physician providers, support staff, and patients/families.
- Assumes responsibility for the maintenance of patient records from intake through discharge or transfer to bereavement.
- Acts as a resource and mentor for staff for clinical issues, documentation, team problem solving and appropriate customer service behavior.
- Assists with clinician recruitment, on boarding, and training.
- Makes as-needed urgent visits to patients.
- Leads professional development and education efforts for hospice team including supervising /training, mentoring/coaching staff, and implementing performance improvement plans for team members as needed.
Benefits - *5 weeks paid vacation per year based on accrued hours
Our competitive benefit package includes paid holidays, Health, Dental and Life Insurance, an education fund, a 401K investment plan with matching, mileage reimbursement, and 5 weeks paid time off per year based on accrued hours.
- RN licensed in KS.
- Minimum of two years successful supervisory experience in hospice.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of hospice care.
- Basic understanding of the interpersonal dynamics of leading and developing effective working relationships within an interdisciplinary health care team.
- Can successfully pass background checks.
Good Shepherd Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
COMPASSIONATE ABOUT CARE. passionate about life.