RN Admissions Nurse (FT) / Hospice
Clinical Care | Houston, TX | Full Time
Our Mission...serving people with dignity and compassion
Seeking experienced hospice RN for full-time Admissions position.
- Hospice experience required
Admission RN Responsibilities
- Performs pre-admissions evaluations to evaluate eligibility for hospice services.
- Initiates the admission process by educating and informing potential patients/families of what hospice is and what hospice services entail.
- Obtains a nursing assessment, initial plan of care and interventions to optimize patient and family directed quality of life.
- Coordinates the patient on-boarding process, including assisting with discharge planning, assuring smooth transitioning of the patient to hospice, coordinating care with the referring physician, hospice team, etc.
- Assures efficient, timely and effective admission services.
- Assures compliance with all regulatory and licensing requirements; participates in quality review and performance improvement.
Benefits - 5 weeks paid vacation based on accrued hours
Our competitive benefits package includes paid holidays, Health, Dental and Life Insurance, an education fund, a 401K investment plan with matching, mileage reimbursement, and 5 weeks paid vacation based on accrued hours.
About Us - celebrating 25 years
Good Shepherd Hospice is a growing provider of hospice care with a clear vision for our future, strong leadership to guide us and great opportunities for current and future employees. We opened our first office in Oklahoma City in 1995. Today, we have a regional presence serving Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas and Missouri. Along the way we've touched the lives of more than 20,000 patients and shepherded 50,000+ family members through their time of need, offering bereavement support for as long as they desired it. Every member of our medical team - and volunteer staff - receives comprehensive, ongoing training. We are Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
- Hospice experience required.
- Registered Nurse licensed in the state of Texas.
- Valid driver's license.
- Detail oriented with good time management practices.
- A truly kind, caring and compassionate demeanor/bed side manor for patients and families dealing with end of life issues.
Good Shepherd Hospice is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPASSIONATE ABOUT CARE. passionate about life.