RN Admissions Nurse for Hospice
Clinical Care | Independence, MO | Full Time
Immediately Seeking RN Admission Nurse
Good Shepherd Hospice is looking for an experienced RN Admissions Nurse to work full time serving patients and families in the Kansas City area. The Admissions Nurse manages the customer flow, admitting all eligible patients and families in conjunction with our Hospice Consultant team and the medical community. The Admissions Coordinator always works with a sense of urgency.
Admissions Coordinator Responsibilities
1. Coordinates referrals and the communication between Hospice Consultants, the interdisciplinary team and referral sources.
- Answers questions regarding admission criteria, hospice services and referral requests
- Takes admissions referral and records information accurately
- Contacts physician's office for admission approval when appropriate
- Contacts patient /family and makes appointment for admission meeting
2. Processes and completes all admission paperwork
- Provides accurate and appropriate documentation of patient/family services
- Obtains written consent from patient, family or patient assignee, when criteria for hospice admission is met
- Communicates with referral sources about appointments, MD orders, time frames for admission and any obstacles to an immediate admission
- Contacts patient/family promptly to set-up appointment explaining hospice services
3. Works with the marketing team to assure:
- Strong patient, family, referrer and facility satisfaction
- Minimum one (1) year of hospice experience preferred
- RN with valid licenses in Kansas and Missouri
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact well with diverse individuals
- Able to provide exemplary customer service to physicians, facility personnel, client and client family at all times
- Able to abide by all operational compliance with internal controls and reporting
- Experience with electronic medical record documentation and proficient in Microsoft
Good Shepherd Hospice is a growing provider of hospice care with a clear vision for our future, strong leadership to guide us and great opportunities for all current and future employees. We are a member of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Association, Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
Our competitive benefit package includes paid holidays, Health, Dental and Life Insurance, an education fund, a 401K investment plan with matching and paid time off. Monthly Bonus potential when team goals are met.
Good Shepherd Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.