RN Admissions Nurse / 8a-5p / M-F / 5 Weeks Paid Vacation
Clinical Care | Independence, MO | Full Time
Our Mission...serving people with compassion and dignity
Seeking experienced RN to work as Admissions Nurse serving patients and their families in the Independence area.
FT / Monday-Friday / 8am to 5pm
* Minimum of one (1) year of hospice experience required.
Good Shepherd Hospice is a growing provider of hospice care with a clear vision for our future, strong leadership to guide us and great opportunities for all current and future employees. We opened our first office in Oklahoma City in 1995. Today, we have a regional presence serving Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Texas. Along the way, we've touched the lives of more than 20,000 patients and shepherded 50,000+ family members through their time of need, offering bereavement support for as long as they desired it.
Every member of our medical team – and volunteer staff – receives comprehensive, ongoing training. We are a member of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Association, Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
Admission RN Responsibilities
- Performs pre-admissions evaluations for appropriateness for hospice services.
- Initiates the admissions process by educating and informing potential patients and their families /loved ones of what hospice is and what hospice services entail.
- Obtains a nursing assessment, initial plan of care and interventions to optimize patient and family directed comfort and quality of life.
- Coordinates the patient on-boarding process, including assisting with discharge planning, assuring smooth transitioning of the patient to hospice, coordinating care with the referring physician, hospice interdisciplinary team, etc.
- Assures efficient, timely and effective admission services.
- Assures compliance with all regulatory and licensing requirements; participates in quality review and performance improvement.
- Minimum of one (1) year of hospice experience required.
- Registered Nurse licensed in Missouri.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Appropriate auto liability insurance coverage.
- Can successfully pass background checks.
- Detail oriented with good time management practice.
- A truly kind, caring and compassionate demeanor/bed side manner for patients and families /loved ones dealing with end of life issues.
Benefits - *5 weeks paid vacation per year based on accrued hours
Our competitive benefit package includes paid holidays, Health, Dental and Life Insurance, an education fund, a 401K investment plan with matching, mileage reimbursement, and 5 weeks paid time off per year based on accrued hours.
Good Shepherd Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
COMPASSIONATE ABOUT CARE.passionate about life.