Registered Nurse (RN) On-Call Weekends
Clinical Care | Bellaire, TX | Full Time
Good Shepherd Hospice of Houston is looking for an experienced RN to provide weekend on-call coverage (triage/runner) from 5 PM Friday until 8 AM Monday. This is a full-time position.
Responsibilities: RN On-Call Weekends
The RN On-Call receives assignments from the Patient Care Manager via phone, responding in a timely fashion. All triage calls will be returned within 10 minutes.
- Visits will be made within one hour of call and family should be made aware estimated time of arrival.
- Document visits on correct form and submits to supervisor.
- Maintains appropriate forms and supplies.
- Maintains communication with the patient care manager, physician and families concerning patient care.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient/family status.
- Develops communication and bereavement skills
- Responsible for coordinating the physical care of the patient through education of patient, families, caregivers, volunteers and employed caregivers – or, by providing direct care as appropriate.
- Instructs the patient and caregiver as needed.
- Reports to supervisor and collects full report regarding patient.
- Provides support at time of death and completes death visit.
- Understands Hospice Philosophy.
- Assist with orientation of new hospice nurses as assigned.
- Registered Nurse currently licensed in the state of Texas
- Previous experience in hospice, home health, geriatrics, or general medical/surgical nursing
- Demonstrated commitment to the hospice philosophy of care
Good Shepherd Hospice offers a generous compensation and benefit package for full-time employees including paid holidays, Health, Dental and Life Insurance, a 401K investment plan with matching and paid time off.
Good Shepherd Hospice is a growing provider of hospice care with a clear vision for our future, strong leadership to guide us and great opportunities for all current and future employees. We opened our first office in Oklahoma City in 1995. Today, we have a regional presence serving Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Texas. Along the way, we've touched the lives of tens of thousands of patients and shepherded 50,000+ family members through their time of need, offering bereavement support for as long as they desired it.
Every member of our medical team – and volunteer staff – receives comprehensive, ongoing training. We are a member of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Association, Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
Good Shepherd Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.