Registered Dietician - PRN
Clinical Care | Wichita, KS | Contract
Our Mission...serving people with compassion and dignity.
The PRN Registered Dietician conducts nutritional assessments and recommends an appropriate nourishment plan to meet the needs of the hospice patient. The Dietitian also provides education and consultation to the interdisciplinary group regarding palliative nutrition.
About Us - celebrating 25 years!
Good Shepherd Hospice is a leading regional provider of hospice care with a clear vision for our future, strong leadership to guide us and great opportunities for all current and future employees. We opened our first office in Oklahoma City in 1995. Today, we have a regional presence serving Texas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. Along the way, we've touched the lives of more than 20,000 patients and shepherded 50,000+ family members through their time of need, offering bereavement support for as long as they desired it. Every member of our medical team – and volunteer staff – receives comprehensive, ongoing training. Good Shepherd Hospice is Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
- Reviewing the nutritional assessment done by the hospice nurse
- Visiting the patient and performing a nutritional assessment in accordance with the Plan of Care
- Providing dietary counseling to meet specific patient needs in accordance with the interdisciplinary Plan of Care
- Communicating with the care coordinator/case manager regarding client’s progress and treatment goals
- Attending patient care conferences as necessary
- Documenting all services to hospice patients and families
- Maintaining confidentiality of patient/family status
- Demonstrating a high degree of commitment to customer service and quality care provision
- Bachelor's or Masters degree with a major course of study in human nutrition or dietetics
- Completed internship or preplanned professional experience program approved by the American Dietetic Association
- Current license in the state of Kansas
- Minimum 1 year experience in clinical dietetics
- Valid Driver’s License
- Can Successfully Pass Criminal Background Check
Good Shepherd Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
COMPASSIONATE ABOUT CARE. passionate about life.