Office Manager (FT) Hospice
Operations | Dallas, TX | Full Time
Our Mission...serving people with dignity and compassion
Seeking experienced Office Manager who will lead by example with a positive spirit, professional demeanor and a can-do attitude. The Office Manager coordinates the overall organization, communications and daily operations of the hospice office in accordance with current federal and company standards, guidelines and regulations, and as directed by the Executive Director.
- Minimum of two years of relevant medical office experience required - hospice office experience preferred. Resumes not meeting the 2 years relevant experience requirement will not be considered.
About Us - celebrating 25 years!
Good Shepherd Hospice is a leading provider of hospice care with a clear vision for our future. strong leadership to guide us and great opportunities for current and future employees. We opened our first office in Oklahoma City in 1995. Today, we have a regional presence serving Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas and Missouri. Along the way, we've touched the lives of more than 20,000 patients and shepherded 50,000+ family members through their time of need, offering bereavement support for as long as they desired it. Every member of our medical team - and volunteer staff - receives comprehensive, ongoing training. We are Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
- Professionally represent Good Shepherd Hospice to the public while promoting optimal customer service at all times.
- Field incoming calls and warmly welcome visitors.
- Actively contribute to our positive and supportive office environment when working with and assisting patients/families, staff, volunteers and vendors.
- Ensure records are maintained according to federal, state and agency standards.
- Maintain payroll information including processing of payroll, PTO and attendance records.
- Assist with the on boarding of new employees.
- Purchase office and medical supplies.
- Display a willing attitude to take initiative to keep the office well organized and professional in appearance.
- Assistant the Executive Director with the preparation of correspondence, reports and other special assignments as requested.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient/family information, as well as all personnel information.
- Participate in our Quality Improvement process.
Our competitive benefits include paid holidays, Health, Dental and Life Insurance, a 401K with investment plan with matching, an education fund, and paid time off.
- Minimum of two years of relevant medical office experience required - hospice office experience preferred.
- Computer literate in MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills.
- A self starter with a high degree of initiative and motivation.
- Ability to multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Flexible with assignments and able to work with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Able to manage sensitive issues appropriately and efficiently.
- Can successfully pass background checks.
Good Shepherd Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
COMPASSIONATE ABOUT CARE. passionate about life.