Clinical Care | Tulsa, OK | Full Time
Good Shepherd Hospice is seeking a Nurse Practitioner for a leadership role on our clinical team. Operating under the Executive Director and Hospice Medical Director, you will receive patient assignments for face-to-face encounters. You will work with the Interdisciplinary Team and other agencies to coordinate optimal care and use of resources for the patient and their family.
Good Shepherd Hospice is a growing provider of hospice care with a clear vision for our future, strong leadership to guide us and great opportunities for all current and future employees. We opened our first office in Oklahoma City in 1995. Today, we have a regional presence serving Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Texas. Along the way, we've touched the lives of more than 20,000 patients and shepherded 50,000+ family members through their time of need, offering bereavement support for as long as they desired it.
Every member of our medical team – and volunteer staff – receives comprehensive, ongoing training. We are a member of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Association, Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
RN Nurse Practitioner
The primary objective is to provide face-to-face encounters for our hospice patients and/or serve as the attending physician at the patient’s request. Provides nursing assessment, planning and care to maximize the comfort and health of patients and families in accordance with the Interdisciplinary Plan of Care
Additionally, the RN Nurse Practitioner:
- Initiates communication with the IDT/other agencies as needed to coordinate optimal care and use of resources for the patient/family.
- Cultivates communication and collaboration with the hospice medical director.
- Maintains regular communication with the case manager assigned to the patient.
- Obtains data on physical, psychological, social and spiritual factors that will influence and provide documentation of the continued eligibility for hospice.
- Maintains up to date schedule of patient visits in order to provide timely face-to-face encounters. Turns paperwork into office as required by Medicare and Good Shepherd Hospice policies and procedures.
- Accepts responsibility for participation in IDT in assuring evaluation of continued eligibility for hospice services at the time of admission, if applicable, and recertification as required.
- May participate in continuing education of agency staff and medical community in areas of pain and symptom management.
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Practitioner currently licensed in the State of Oklahoma
- Maintains necessary collaborative agreements for license
- Demonstrated commitment to the hospice philosophy of care
- Excellent verbal communication skills
Our competitive benefit package for full-time employees includes paid holidays, Health, Dental and Life Insurance, a 401K investment plan with matching and paid time off.
Good Shepherd Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.