Medical Director - Bartlesville, OK
Clinical Care | Tulsa, OK | Contract
Work For A Leader In Hospice Care
Good Shepherd Hospice is a growing provider of hospice care with a clear vision for our future, strong leadership to guide us and great opportunities for all current and future employees. We are a member of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Association, Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
You will be covering patients in the Bartlesville, OK area and report to our Tulsa office.
Job Description: Hospice Medical Director
The Medical Director at Good Shepherd Hospice is responsible for the overall medical direction and supervision of patient care along with instruction and medical support for our team. You may be required to develop and provide education and consultation services to medical communities, professionals and physicians in our service area. As mutually agreed upon, accept referred patients as attending physician. Participation in Inter-Disciplinary Team (IDT) meetings and availability for on-call are required.
Determines if the patient is hospice appropriate, documents the patient's qualifying condition and establishes and maintains the individual care plan for medically necessary assessments and services. Strict compliance with all Federal, state, local and company rules, regulations and procedures is required.
Contract employee. Good Shepherd Hospice provides competitive compensation.Requirements
- MD or DO with experience in Hospice and Palliative Care
- Current Oklahoma licensure
- Must have or be eligible for membership in good standing on the medical staff of contracting hospitals and skilled nursing facilities in our service area
- Demonstrated ability to work non-judgmentally with persons of varied cultural, religious and socioeconomic backgrounds and lifestyles
- Oklahoma driver's license and auto insurance
Good Shepherd Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.