Medical Billing Specialist / FT/ Hospice/ OKC, OK
Operations | Oklahoma City, OK | Full Time
Our Mission...serving people with compassion and dignity.
Good Shepherd Hospice, a leading provider of hospice care, is seeking a full-time Medical Billing Specialist to be based at our office in Oklahoma City, OK.
About Good Shepherd Hospice
Good Shepherd Hospice is a leading provider of hospice care with a clear vision for our future, strong leadership to guide us and great opportunities for all current and future employees. We opened our first office in Oklahoma City in 1995. Today, we have a regional presence serving Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Texas. Along the way, we've touched the lives of more than 20,000 patients and shepherded 50,000+ family members through their time of need, offering bereavement support for as long as they desired it. Every member of our medical team – and volunteer staff – receives comprehensive, ongoing training. We are a member of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Association, Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
- File electronic/paper claims to Medicare, Medicaid and commercial insurance payers
- Review and analysis of claims
- Check eligibility
- Obtain authorizations
- Insurance claim follow-up
- Process rejections and denials
- Initiate claim appeals when necessary
- Post payments and adjustments
- Work with field staff to obtain missing billing documentation
- Two years of experience in Medicare, Medicaid and commercial claims billing
- Working knowledge of Medical Terminology/Coding (ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS) is a plus
- Experience process claims through a clearinghouse
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Health, Dental and Life Insurance
- 401K Investment Plan with employer matching
- Paid time off
Good Shepherd Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer
COMPASSIONATE ABOUT CARE. passionate about life.