LPN - On Call / Every Other Weekend + 2 to 3 Nights Weekly
Clinical Care | Wichita, KS | Full Time
Our Mission...serving people with compassion and dignity.
The On-Call LPN makes after hours visits, under the direction of a registered nurse, to supplement the nursing care needs of our patients/families.
*Full-time / every other weekend plus 2 to 3 nights weekly
Good Shepherd Hospice is a leading regional provider of hospice care with a clear vision for our future, strong leadership to guide us and great opportunities for all current and future employees. We opened our first office in Oklahoma City in 1995. Today, we have a regional presence serving Texas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. Along the way, we've touched the lives of more than 20,000 patients and shepherded 50,000+ family members through their time of need, offering bereavement support for as long as they desired it. Every member of our medical team – and volunteer staff – receives comprehensive, ongoing training.
We are a member of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Association, Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
- Carrying out physician orders under the direction of a RN
- Informing the physician of changes in the patient’s condition and needs, after consulting with a supervising RN
- Communicating with medical professionals, the hospice team and others
- Maintaining accurate, up-to-date records
- Elevating necessary matters to the attention of the patient care manager
- Demonstrating strong communication and customer service skills
Benefits - *5 weeks paid vacation per year based on accrued hours
Our competitive compensation and benefits package for full-time employees includes paid holidays, Health, Dental and Life Insurance, a 401K investment plan with matching, mileage reimbursement, and 5 weeks of paid vacation based on accrued hours.
- Graduate of an accredited LPN program
- Current state license as a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Valid driver’s license
- Can successfully pass background checks
Good Shepherd Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
COMPASSIONATE ABOUT CARE. passionate about life.