LPN Intake Coordinator / Hospice / 5 Weeks Paid Vacation
Clinical Care | Tulsa, OK | Full Time
Our mission...serving people with compassion and dignity.
Good Shepherd Hospice is looking for an experienced LPN to work full time as an Intake Coordinator serving patients and their families in the Tulsa area.
- Minimum of one (1) year of hospice experience required.
The Intake Coordinator is key to providing the excellent initial patient experience that Good Shepherd Hospice strives to provide. Our Intake Coordinator's primary responsibility is to present Good Shepherd Hospice services and philosophy in a manner that results in a sensitive, well-documented and complete admission experience for people who are eligible for hospice services.
Good Shepherd Hospice is a leading provider of hospice care with a clear vision for our future, strong leadership to guide us and great opportunities for all current and future employees. We opened our first office in Oklahoma City in 1995. Today, we have a regional presence serving Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Texas. Along the way, we've touched the lives of more than 20,000 patients and shepherded 50,000+ family members through their time of need, offering bereavement support for as long as they desired it. Every member of our medical team – and volunteer staff – receives comprehensive, ongoing training.
We are a member of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Association, Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
Intake Coordinator Responsibilities
- Initial contact person for new inquiries and referrals.
- Initiates communication with RN Case Manager regarding eligibility and enrollment into hospice program.
- Obtains history and physicals, progress notes, lab, nurse’s notes, medication sheets, etc. as needed to complete initial patient assessment.
- Reviews completed enrollment packet for accuracy.
- Maintains regular communication with the referral source.
- Inputs initial referral information into the computer.
- Coordinates the scheduling of intake personnel to follow up with referrals.
- Responds promptly to any referral or inquiry.
- *Minimum of one (1) year of hospice experience required.
- LPN licensed in the State of Oklahoma.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Detail oriented with good time management practices/able to multi-task.
- Proficient with data entry and spreadsheets.
- Can successfully pass background checks.
- Compassionate attitude and great customer service skills.
Benefits - * 5 weeks paid vacation based on accrued hours
Our competitive benefit package includes paid holidays, Health, Dental and Life Insurance, an education fund, a 401K investment plan with matching, mileage reimbursement, and 5 weeks paid time off per year based on accrued hours.
Good Shepherd Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Compassionate about Care. passionate about life.