LPN / 32 Hours Per Week / 5 Weeks Paid Vacation
Clinical Care | Independence, MO | Full Time
Our Mission...serving people with compassion and dignity.
The Hospice LPN makes visits, under the direction of a registered nurse, to supplement the nursing care needs of our patients and their families
FT - 32 Hrs Per Week: 8am-8pm Saturday and Sunday / and 8am-5pm every other Monday and every other Friday.
*Minimum of one year of Hospice experience required.
*2017 Hospice Honors Recipient
Established by Deyta Analytics, this prestigious annual review recognizes hospices that continuously provide the highest level of quality care.
Good Shepherd Hospice is a leading regional provider of hospice care with a clear vision for our future, strong leadership to guide us and great opportunities for all current and future employees. We opened our first office in Oklahoma City in 1995. Today, we have a regional presence serving Texas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. Along the way, we've touched the lives of more than 20,000 patients and shepherded 50,000+ family members through their time of need, offering bereavement support for as long as they desired it. Every member of our medical team – and volunteer staff – receives comprehensive, ongoing training.
We are a member of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Association, Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
- Carrying out physician orders under the direction of a RN
- Informing the physician of changes in the patient’s condition and needs, after consulting with a supervising RN
- Communicating with medical professionals, the hospice team and others
- Maintaining accurate, up-to-date records
- Elevating necessary matters to the attention of the patient care manager
- Demonstrating strong communication and customer service skills
Benefits - *5 weeks paid vacation per year based on accrued hours
Our competitive compensation and benefits package for full-time employees includes paid holidays, Health, Dental and Life Insurance, a 401K investment plan with matching, mileage reimbursement, and 5 weeks of paid vacation based on accrued hours.
- Graduate of an accredited LPN program
- Current state license as a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Minimum of one year of Hospice experience required.
- Valid driver’s license
- Can successfully pass background checks
Good Shepherd Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
COMPASSIONATE ABOUT CARE. passionate about life.