Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - On-Call
Clinical Care | Newton, KS | Full Time and Part Time
Good Shepherd Hospice is looking for an experienced Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to provide after hours, on-cal service for our patients and their families. This is a full-time position.
At Good Shepherd Hospice, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides outstanding care for our hospice patients and coordinates the assessment, education, counseling and treatment of patients. Working as a member of an interdisciplinary team, you will contribute to a plan of care based on patient assessments and team input.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the nursing care of Hospice patients, working with families, caregivers and other members of the interdisciplinary team.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for:
- Professional Management of the Patient and Family
- Communication with Medical Professionals, the Hospice Team and Others
- Maintaining Accurate, Up-to-Date Records
- Training the Patient and Caregiver
- Elevating Necessary Matters to the Attention of the Patient Care Manager
- Registered Nurse Licensed in the State of Kansas
- Valid Driver’s License
- Vehicle in Good Working Order
- Appropriate Auto Liability Insurance Coverage
- Can Successfully Pass Criminal Background Check
We'd Love It If You Have...
- Hospice or related healthcare experience
- A working knowledge of hospice care philosophy and symptom management
- A good understanding of hospice regulations and quality standards of care
Good Shepherd Hospice offers a generous compensation and benefit package for full-time employees including paid holidays, Health, Dental and Life Insurance, a 401K investment plan with matching and paid time off. For part-time positions, please inquire with the hiring manager about specific benefits associated with your position.
Good Shepherd Hospice is a growing provider of hospice care with a clear vision for our future, strong leadership to guide us and great opportunities for all current and future employees. We opened our first office in Oklahoma City in 1995. Today, we have a regional presence serving Texas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. Along the way, we've touched the lives of more than 20,000 patients and shepherded 50,000+ family members through their time of need, offering bereavement support for as long as they desired it.
Every member of our medical team – and volunteer staff – receives comprehensive, ongoing training. We are a member of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Association, Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
Good Shepherd Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.